If you need a passport urgently?

posted Aug 16, 2012, 7:37 AM by Unknown user
You require a verification certificate from any officer of the rank of deputy secretary and above in the Central Government or equivalent in the state government, Colonel and above or its equivalent in Air Force and Navy, general manager of a public sector undertaking, sub-divisional magistrate, or SSP of district.
An out-of-turn passport is issued only in cases of specified emergencies, on production of documentary evidence, with the payment of additional fee.